All parents are warmly welcome to get involved in the Music Program! It's a great way to be engaged in your child's schooling, to meet other parents, and to be a part of something fulfilling and cool.
We have not had a Rockheights Music Parents group since the pandemic began. That needs to change! Major changes are happening in SD61 and parents need to be informed and engaged in what's happening. At the Spring Concert on April 27th, we will take some time to discuss some of these changes with parents. Thank you for your support!
We all want students to have the very best possible experience in their school music program, and yet running a school music program is a costly endeavour. Purchasing sheet music and instruments, cleaning and repairing instruments, piano tuning and accompanists, clinicians, festivals, uniforms and field trips are just some of the yearly expenses. Rockheights Middle School is very grateful for the support of all of the parents who help with fundraising, setting up or taking down for concerts, driving, fixing things and doing odd jobs, or by simply making a donation. Thank you, parents!
PIZZA SALES begin on Wednesday, September 22nd and continue all year. These sales are almost entirely student-led (by grade 7's and 8's). 90% of the profits raised go in a general fund to defray the costs of student travel. The other 10% go into a general fund to support the many expenses of the music program (supplies like reeds and valve oil, instrument purchases and upgrades, sheet music, clinicians and more.)